How can you build Plasma Cutter at Home
Homemade Plasma cutter sounds impossible, but it’s true and reality, it’s not impossible anymore. Moreover, it sounds interesting and exciting nowadays. From a novice engineer to a non-engineering background guy, it’s possible to make or build a plasma cutter by your own. All you need to do is to have handwork, dedication, passion and strive to learn something new and challenging, which no one has ever done before. Yes, for a newbie it’s a challenge and take the time to build a plasma cutter, but not unattainable to achieve. You have got to have some patience and utmost endeavor to make it possible. Success doesn’t come overnight, so we need to understand the procedure first and start working on it
At a glance you can get the idea of making a plasma cutter at home:.
In fact, it is possible to make or create a plasma cutter from the scratch. There are some certain rules and guidelines for making plasma cutter at home by you.
- Accumulate loads of information and ideas about plasma cutter from legitimate resources. Like: books, the internet, reports, articles, hands-on experience, etc.
- Gather that information and make an idea or a robust plan
- According to the plan make it feasible and implementable.
- Need to know a little bit of a technique about precisely steel cutting
- Collect all leftover materials, equipment, tools and machinery in your home.
- Explore the most unnecessarily rubbish, scratch or scrap electronics instrument from your home and make it effectively usable
- Make a diagram according to the creative design or layout
- Place all the parts of the equipment or machinery on the wooden board and integrate with each other
- Make a list of each part, tools and components, so that not a single one gets off from the list
- When all the parts are organized and intensively collected, then placed it on the fragment wooden board safely.
Assembly part is the most crucial and intricate one. After all the parts are being kept on the wooden board, then connect the parts with each other. After disseminating the parts, we can classify the wooden board into four departments:
Power control, High current DC, Low voltage DC, High voltage arc start
Now, let’s have a look into it one by one:
- Power Control: We need 3KVA transformer and contactor for that. Because of the heaviness and giant size, the transformer cannot be possible to attach to the wooden board, so it should be placed off the board. The contactor should be placed first on the board. After put on the head trigger, it makes the contactor turns on, but it must be connected by wire. It also permits the DC components to come on line.
- High current DC: Two components are also needed here, one is bridge rectifier and another one is large capacitors. Reed switch permits high voltage arc system to fire and current starts to convey to the head and cutting starts. The interesting part is if the fire starts losing, then the arc will automatically restart.
- Low voltage DC: It comprises four basic elements. It is basically blended with power switch and 120 volt terminals. The elements are put all together, so that it doesn’t have an impact with each other. These are: Power switch, 120-volt terminal blocks, 12 volt transformer, and low voltage bridge rectifier.
- High Voltage arc start: An oven capacitor has a dimmer of 15amps, so a Chevy coil can be integrated with the cutter. There is a terminal of all the ports that have been enclosing within the board. The wire covers up all the parts and mounted by the terminals. To run the wires Chevy board designed will be used. All the wires and parts should be rechecked, so that it doesn’t make any malfunction. Once all the instruments will be together, connect the hose tank. The pressure will always be 28 for safety. Press the trigger button to fire up the machine and start cutting conductive materials.
Plasma cutter has to be used within some rules and safety issue and measurement, because it’s an electronics device and is being used for cutting an object.
Plasma cutter runs by an electric circuit, so it has to hold it very carefully. A person need not to touch the torch body or work object, when the machine is running, else there is a severe chance to be getting shocked.
Normally it’s an easy tool to use, but voltage sometimes gets up and down. Plasma cutter needs high voltage to cut steel and welding materials. So, in that case, precautions are needed to be taken precisely.
Wearing hand gloves, boots, helmet with glasses, dry cloth, and good quality cables are needed to take precautions. Ground cable need not to be enclosed with work object, it should be tear apart when the cutting process is over.
Making Plasma cutter is not easy at home. It takes time management and dedication with sincerity. It can be dangerous for a while, so always need to be precautious and careful while building it. All the parts have to be placed impeccably on board, so that no one will match with one another and make intricate confusion. Making home plasma cutter is budget friendly and cheap to operate. It is definitely lower than the market price if you can make it from the unused or debris materials.